Thursday, December 1, 2011

Merry Christmas

Well it's that time of the year were everyone should be spreading Christmas cheer with smiles and laughter. However, all I'm hearing is a bunch of complaining about what should or shouldn't be said in order not to offend peoples ideals of what the season is all about. Everyone has an opinion, everyone has their own beliefs so here is mine.

I am Catholic, therefore I believe in God, Jesus and the Virgin Mary. I don't believe you HAVE to attend Church physically to be a good Christian. My body and my home is our "Church". We pray like everyone else and not just when we want something from God but to thank him for our many blessings and to guide and protect everyone. We have FAITH, which has more value then any building could offer.
I realize that there are MANY religions out there, that our country is multicultural and everyone prays to a different God that may not necessarily be mine and I'm completely good with that. Where I have a problem is when I'm asked to change or remove my beliefs because it may offend someone. *insert bad language here*
This country was built on the back bone of Christians who have fought for the rights we have today and there's just no respect anymore. Too many feel entitled instead of feeling grateful. Too many expect more instead of earning more. This gimme gimme mentality makes me sick. So many come here and appreciate what this country has to offer. They contribute and try to assimilate because they came here for a better life after seeing and hearing how WE Canadians live. They knew we celebrated Christmas, they knew it was a Christian society.....IT WASN'T A SURPRISE!!! So why? Why is it such a big deal now? Because people come here and feeling entitled instead of feeling grateful, expecting more instead of earning more. My family has been here since before the 1800's so maybe you can understand why tradition is so important to me. I view it this way, I was celebrating Christmas and saying Merry Christmas long before most of you or your families joined us in this fine country so please do me the honour of smiling and returning the favour when I say it to you. After all, if I was in your home country I'd be expected to do the same and I would, graciously out of RESPECT.

2 comments:

  1. I have to same feeling as you on this one Tracy. I say Merry Christmas, and I also say Happy Holidays!! No one can take my beliefs and thoughts away from me if I don't let them. My only problem is that people came here for a better life then they could get elsewhere, and then try to change this country to suit their needs... I believe that is what is wrong. We should be more accepting of each other. I just feel that it is all one sided!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tonya. I'm just tired of all the negativity. You know I love everyone, I'm just asking for a little respect and faith in each other.

    ReplyDelete